Merry Christmas from the attorneys and staff of the O'Malley Law Office! We hope you have an enjoyable Christmas day celebrating with family and friends! However, if your celebrating went a little too far, we are here for you. Often holiday celebrations mean enjoying alcohol and sometimes, alcohol consumption leads to less than great decisions. Sometimes these decisions lead to criminal charges in Denver, Aurora and Castle Rock.
Facing an Alcohol Related Crime?Get Help Now!
Merry Christmas – Alcohol Related Crimes in Douglas and Arapahoe County
Here is a list of common charges related to alcohol consumption in Arapahoe and Douglas County, Colorado:
- Driving Under the Influence or Driving While Ability Impaired – After having a few drinks in Jefferson County, you leave the party thinking you are ok to drive home, but get pulled over for weaving or failing to come to a complete stop. You admit to having had a few drinks and are arrested for DUI or DWAI.
- Prohibited Use of a Weapon – You have family over and while enjoying some spiked egg nog, you get out your gun to show your brother. It accidentally goes off and while, thankfully, no one is hurt, you are charged with Prohibited Use of a Weapon for having control of a firearm while drinking.
- Minor in Possession – You sneak a bottle of alcohol to enjoy with your cousins and you are all under age. If caught by police, a M.I.P. charge likely will follow.
- Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor – Your teenage daughter has some friends over for Christmas in Adams County and they get into the alcohol. You can be held responsible and charged with this felony crime if they were drinking under your roof while you were home.
- Vehicular Assault – If after leaving a party where you had a few drinks, you get into a car accident and someone gets hurt, you can be charged with Vehicular Assault along with Driving Under the Influence.
- Sexual Assault – Having sexual contact with someone while they are drunk, even if you are drunk too, can make you vulnerable to Sexual Assault charges. Often, regret will lead people to claim no consent, and in the e
Get Help Now
If you or a loved one has been charged with an alcohol-related crime, like any of the ones listed above, be smart, exercise your right to remain silent, and contact the best criminal defense attorneys form the O'Malley Law Office at 303-830-0880 today. Together, we can protect your future. Request a Free Consultation
Image Source: Pexels-Ylanite Koppens