Assault in the First Degree, C.R.S. 18-3-202, can be charged in many different situations in Denver, Jefferson County and across Colorado. Because of the risks involved upon an accusation or charge of First Degree Assault in Colorado, you must act fast and consult a top First Degree Assault lawyer at the O'Malley Law Office to defend you today.
Facing First Degree Assault charges?Get Help Now!
Summit County Assault in the First Degree Lawyer: How It's Charged in Colorado
First Degree Assault is charged under many circumstances in Summit County and across Colorado. Below is a simplified version of C.R.S. 18-3-202:“
A person commits assault in the first degree if:
- With the intent to, someone causes serious bodily injury to another person with a deadly weapon;
- With intent to disfigure someone permanently, or with intent to destroy, amputate or disable a part of someone else's body, someone causes injury to that person;
- With extreme indifference to the value of human life, someone engages in conduct which puts another person in grave risk of death and causes serious bodily injury to the person;
- With intent to cause serious bodily injury to a peace officer, firefighter or other emergency medical service provider performing their duties, someone threatens a peace officer, firefighter or emergency medical service provider with a deadly weapon;
- With intent to cause serious bodily injury to a judge or officer of the court with a deadly weapon, someone threatens the judge or officer of the court with a deadly weapon;
- While in custody after a charge or conviction of a crime as a result of being charged or adjudicated as a delinquent child and with intent to cause serious bodily injury to an employee of a detention facility, or to an employee responsible for youth services, someone threatens one of these employees with a deadly weapon.”
First Degree Assault can be charged as a class 3 felony or class 5 felony in Colorado, which can result in a lengthy prison sentence to the Colorado Department of Corrections and possible fines. Hire a team of experienced criminal defense attorneys on your side to fight any charges against you.
Top First Degree Assault Lawyer in Douglas County Explains What District Attorney Must Prove
If you have been arrested for 1st Degree Assault in Douglas or Arapahoe County, Colorado, a Douglas or Arapahoe County DA must prove certain elements in court to prove you committed the crime. The prosecution must prove the intent behind the crime – that you had the intent to cause injury to another The prosecution is required to prove certain elements in court to prove you committed the assault.person. Additionally, a District Attorney must prove that someone suffered serious bodily injury, including fractures, burns, breaks, loss or impairment of a body function, permanent disfigurement or a strong risk of death. Another element the prosecution must prove is that you used a deadly weapon to cause or threaten serious bodily injury to another person. Unfortunately, a deadly weapon could include anything from your fists to a knife. This broad definition often makes it easier to file charges of First Degree Assault.
Attorney for 1st Degree Assault in Adams County: Call Today
If you have been accused or charged with First Degree Assault in Adams County, Brighton or anywhere else in Colorado, contact a top First Degree Assault lawyer at our law office immediately. Your future and freedom are at stake upon an accusation of 1st Degree Assault. Don't stand alone or with an overworked public defender in the courtroom when prison is likely. Call our office today to set up a free initial consultation and discuss your options.
Get Help Now
If you or a loved one has been charged with First Degree Assault in Colorado, be smart, exercise your right to remain silent, and contact a top First Degree Assault lawyer at the O'Malley Law Office at 303-830-0880. Together, we can protect your future.Request a Free Consultation
Image Credit: FreeDigitalPhotos.net – kibsri
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment